The BOLD (Broadening Opportunity through Leadership and Diversity) Scholarships are about helping students in STEM fields.
Along with money, students get to join a community where they receive help from staff and peers, learn and grow professionally, and have extra chances.
In this article, we’ll tell you all about applying for bold scholarships
Benefits of Bold Scholarships
- Financial Support: Bold scholarships cover your educational expenses, so you can focus on learning without worrying about money.
- Unique Opportunities: Besides funding, these scholarships often offer exclusive internships, mentorship programs, or networking events.
- Recognition of Your Potential: Winning a bold scholarship validates your hard work and academic excellence, boosting your confidence and credibility.
- Exposure to Diverse Fields: Applying for bold scholarships exposes you to different study areas, broadening your horizons and personal growth.
Tips for Finding and Researching Bold Scholarships
- Start Early: Many scholarships have early deadlines, so begin your search as soon as possible.
- Use Online Databases: Explore online platforms to find scholarships matching your criteria.
- Think Outside the Box: Look beyond well-known scholarships and explore local organizations or businesses.
- Read Eligibility Criteria Carefully: Make sure you meet all requirements before applying.
- Stay Organized: Create a schedule to keep track of deadlines and required documents.
Step-by-Step Guide Application Process
- Research and Narrow Down Options: Find scholarships that match your interests and qualifications.
- Gather Required Documents: Collect transcripts, recommendation letters, and other necessary materials.
- Read Instructions Carefully: Understand each scholarship’s requirements before applying.
- Create a Schedule: Organize deadlines and tasks to stay on track.
- Prepare Essays/Personal Statements: Tailor your essays to each scholarship’s prompts.
- Seek Feedback: Get input from mentors or teachers to improve your application.
- Submit On Time: Double-check everything before submitting to meet deadlines.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Not researching scholarship requirements thoroughly.
- Submitting generic essays or personal statements.
- Failing to proofread application materials.
- Missing deadlines or forgetting required documents.
- Underestimating the importance of recommendation letters.
BOLD wants to help students who are usually not well-represented in engineering colleges, like women, and minorities.
Those who are the first in their family to go to college, and those with low income.
But, anyone in engineering who cares about diversity and wants to be part of what BOLD stands for can apply for bold scholarships.
Learn from past winners who have made significant contributions in various fields, such as STEM education and social centers.
Also, mental health advocacy, LGBTQ+ rights, and cultural understanding through art.